Saturday, April 8, 2017

Science: Popplet

Standards:
First Grade Science Core Standard 4: Life Science. Students will gain an understanding of Life Science through the study of changes in organisms over time and the nature of living things. 

Ed Tech 5: Use technology tools for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.

ISTE Standard Knowledge Constructor: I critically select, evaluate and synthesis digital resources into a collection that reflects my learning and builds my knowledge.


Conclusion: 
I used popplet to help me with the mind map assignment and I found it very easy use. It was an easy way to organize my thoughts and help me get all the material on the page. The one thing I didn't like about this tool was that it took along time to get all the different nodes on the page. Sometimes it would glitch and the nodes would fly around the page with my mouse and it was frustrating. But once I got the hang of it I really liked how it looked and displayed my thoughts.
I would use this in my future classroom to help kids brain storm ideas for their projects by spreading out their thoughts across the page. This could also be a collaborative assignment that would help kids work with their peers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment