Saturday, March 11, 2017

Math: Infographic

Standards
Math Core Standard, first grade, Operations and Algebraic Thinking: Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction within 20. Understand and apply properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction. Work with addition and subtraction equations.

Ed Tech Standard 7: Use telecommunications and on-line resources to participate in collaborative problem-solving activities to develop solutions or products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. 

ISTE Standard Computational Thinker: Identify authentic problems, work with data and use step-by-step process to automate solutions.




Conclusion: I chose piktochart because I have used it before in other classes and I find it really easy and self explanatory when it comes to using it. However, this tool is very time consuming! It took me just over 2 hours to complete this math infographic. It take time to plan and place what you want on the page. I think it is can be frustrating at times because its hard to only work on one block at a time. I kept switching back and forth to try and make it flow.
 I would use this for learning for collaborative groups. We would go over the first part of the lesson together as a class and then I would print this out and have them solve the problems while working together in small groups! 





No comments:

Post a Comment